Call for Papers:
The 2020 Global Marketing Conference at Seoul seeks submissions for
Special Section of the Journal of Advertising on
“The Role of Luxuriousness in High-End Brand Advertising”
New Conference Date: November 5th – 8th, 2020
New Submission Deadline of Extended Abstract: May 29th, 2020
Submission Deadline of Full Paper: Feb. 15th, 2021
The 2020 Global Marketing Conference (GMC) at Seoul in collaboration with the Journal of Advertising (JA) is inviting submissions for a special section on “The Role of Luxuriousness in High-End Brand Advertising.”
The theme of “The Role of Luxuriousness in High-End Brand Advertising” is emerging as a new area of advertising in the global community. Offering a creative and innovative solution, advertising becomes a strategic marketing tool in the luxury brand management. The 2020 GMC at Seoul has created a special track that seeks manuscripts that explore theoretical understanding of global luxury brand communication through the role of luxuriousness in high-end brand advertising. More specifically, this track aims to explore how luxury brand communication through high-end brand advertising can be theoretically conceptualized and understood as a process of communication in the global marketplace.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Theoretical model of the role of luxuriousness in high-end brand advertising
- Theoretical and practical luxury brand communication.
- Measurement of the perceived luxury value of a product or a high-end brand in advertising
- Luxury brand exposure and effectiveness in advertising
- Information processing in luxury brand advertising
- Social and psychological perspectives of luxury brand communication
- Celebrity endorsement in luxury brand advertising
- Gender issues in luxury brand communication
- Roles of social media and information dissemination and exchange in luxury brand advertising
- Strategic planning and managing luxury brand communication through advertising
- Cross-cultural issues in high-end brand advertising
- Data mining and big data analytics in high-end brand advertising
- Meta-analysis of luxury brand advertising
- Qualitative inquiry on luxury brand advertising
- Technology integration and application in luxury brand advertising
Other forms of marketing communications in the luxury brand management through advertising
A formal double blind peer review process will be applied for all of the submissions.
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: May 29th, 2020
- Authors should submit their extended abstracts to the Track Chair of “The Role of Luxuriousness in High-End Brand Advertising” at the 2020 GMC at Seoul to be qualified for the formal full-paper submission to the JA Special Section.
- Submission Guidelines of the extended abstract to 2020 GMC at Seoul can be found at:
- Track Chair: Professor Eunju Ko (Yonsei University), firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline of Full Paper: February 15th, 2021 please confirm the date
- Only the papers that are accepted, registered, and presented at the 2020 GMC at Seoul will be eligible for the full-paper submission.
- The track chair will select the best papers presented at the 2020 GMC at Seoul and invite the authors to submit their full papers to the JA Special Section on ‘The Role of Luxuriousness in High-End Brand Advertising’ for formal review.
- All papers should be formatted according to the JA Submission Guidelines (http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/ujoa20/current) and submitted through ScholarOne (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ujoa). Please also note in the cover letter that the submission is for the Special Section on “The Role of Luxuriousness in High-End Brand Advertising” based on the 2020 GMC extended abstract.
- All selected full papers are subject to the formal double-blind review process of JA. The invitation to submit a full paper does not guarantee either its conditional acceptance or publication.
Submissions and inquiries should be directed to:
Guest Editor of this JA Special Section:
Professor Eunju Ko (Yonsei University), email@example.com